Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just a Plea

While I'm waiting for my pictures to upload, I thought I'd throw this out there...

Mom tells me that's she's given the address to this blog out to lots of people, which makes me glad, but I have no idea who's reading it, which makes me sad. I would really, really, really appreciate even the tiniest comment, even if it's "Hey Jackie you smell bad so I'm sure you fit right in with the Russians!" (which isn't entirely true) just so I know that there's someone out there. We're on an 8-hour time difference, so it's almost impossible to connect through phone calls, and internet access is so iffy that e-mails are sometimes an inefficient means of communicating (although I appreciate those too). Here, though, I can pop in and see if anyone's said hi, and think "Oh good, there are people back home who are wondering if I'm dead yet."

Don't worry about anybody else reading your comments--I think everyone who comes here is well-intentioned. So do it! Just go to the Comments link at the bottom of this post (it's got a little pencil next to it), write something, be sure to add your name at the bottom so I know who you are, and check "anonymous" to leave a note with no-strings-attached (otherwise you have to set up an account with the blogging service). And then I will say hi back and it will make my day! Also, if you ever have any questions, or want to say "That's just plain weird" or want to know how something works in more detail, ASK! I'm happy to try and explain this stuff, even though sometimes I may come up short. As of now, I'm personally under the impression that everyone's got to come here sometime in their life, but I know that can't happen, so I want to share as much of it as I can, but I'm not always sure what people are interested in hearing.

So once again--let me know you're there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, jackie! This is carly again! Just letting you know, I'll start posting you comments now since volleyball ends tomorrow. I love you and enjoy Russia! Oya, those pics of the Ice Bar was pretty sweet! Awwww...i wanted to lick the tables... :(